Sunday 1 July 2012

To the palace....

London Day 2:

Another day with lots of walking - my new orthotics are getting quite the workout!

We started the day with a tour of Buckingham Palace.  There are only certain times of year you can do this, and we'd booked our tickets ahead of time.  We both felt it was well worth it - quite amazing to walk through the halls where the queen entertains guests.

Then we walked to Harrod's - it's enormous!  Didn't buy much - just some Earl Grey tea for myself.   The prices are very high, and the store is mostly full of tourists.  But we had a nice walk through the Knightsbridge area where it's located, and a super delicious take-out lunch from Ottolenghi (sorry, no pictures of it - I was too busy eating it!)

Dinner was at a local spot, called Il Bordello, in an area called Wapping, on the river, east of the Tower of London (almost at Canary Wharf).  We had arranged to meet my cousin Stephanie there, as she has lived in London a long time, and we wanted to get together.
Here is Susie and I with Stef:


This is a view of the Thames from Wapping:


And then there's our food - here is Susie's Linguine pescatore:


I had a special of the day - a tagliatelle with scallops, langoustines and monkfish - I ate every last bit :)


No comments:

Post a Comment